FosterCare UK is an independent foster care agency that works with local authorities in the South East. We help children find a caring, loving home when they can’t stay with their birth parents in their family home.
As an Employee Ownership Trust, we are proud to be run by members of staff with years of fostering experience and expertise, who are dedicated to delivering a comprehensive support package, that provides you with a high-quality support service and allows you to grow in your role as a foster carer.
We offer all foster carers the following rewards, support and benefits:
Support for you
- Induction Programme - once approved as a foster carer, we will give you a bespoke induction designed to meet your needs as we help you prepare for your first placement.
- Regular supervisions and regular calls/ video chat - you will be assigned a dedicated, qualified and experienced social worker who is always at the end of the phone to offer support and guidance.
- Our Social Workers have small caseloads - so you will have all the support you need from our social workers who have the time to spend with you when you need it.
- 24/7 support, 365 days - if you need us in an emergency during the night, at the weekend or on holidays, we are at the end of the phone so you’ll never be on your own
- Access to our pioneering therapeutic service - we are proud of our therapeutic service which provides you with a completely bespoke support package when you have a MATTS placement; giving you the tools to support the child in your care.
- Mentoring - as a newly approved carer, we will ensure you get the support and advice you need from one of our experienced foster carers right from the beginning of your fostering journey.
- Your development - we are committed to ensuring you have all the training you require to allow you to provide great foster care; we will work in partnership with you to understand your desires as a foster carer and agree a plan of professional development.
- Meeting with Managers - attending sessions held by your local managers will allow you to share your thoughts on the service we provide, seek support and ensure your voice is heard in shaping our ongoing service delivery.
- Dedicated placement officer and plan - we will work with you to understand your matching requirements when you’re approved as a foster carer, working hard to identify the right child or young person for you to foster and make sure your family book and profile is up to date.
- FosterTalk - we will provide with a membership to FosterTalk, a service for foster carers which gives you access to legal, financial and tax advice along with access to hundreds of discounted goods and services.
Get in touch
Fill out your details and message, using the following form, to contact the business directly.
What’s on in Medway Reviews