Published: Thursday, 5th May 2022
To mark Measure Your Pressure Month this May residents are being encouraged to get their blood pressure checked for free at a number of venues across Medway.
Residents will be able to get an on-the-spot blood pressure check in high streets, shopping centres, healthy living centres and participating pharmacies.
High blood pressure is often called a silent killer because when someone has it there are usually no symptoms. Around a third of adults in the UK have high blood pressure but many will not know it.
It’s incredibly important to look after your health
Cllr David Brake, Medway Council’s Portfolio Holder covering Public Health, said: “It’s incredibly important to look after your health and get your blood pressure checked. Our trained staff will also be able to provide tailored advice on how you can reduce your blood pressure and live healthier lives. I would encourage residents to get their blood pressure checked this month.”
Residents can get a free blood pressure check in the following locations:
- Rochester High Street, near Blue Boar Lane, on Thursday, 5 May, between 12pm and 6pm
- Rainham High Street on Friday, 13 May, between 9am and 5pm
- Gillingham High Street, near Costa, on Wednesday, 18 May, between 9am and 5pm
- Strood High Street, Angel Corner, on Monday, 23 May, between 9am and 5pm
- Chatham High Street, near Halifax, on Tuesday, 31 May, between 9am and 5pm
- At the Smokefree Advice Centre in Railway Street, Chatham, on Tuesday, 24 May
- Rainham Healthy Living Centre on Tuesday, 10 May, Thursday, 19 May and Friday, 27 May, between 9am and 5pm
- Rochester Healthy Living Centre on Monday, 16 May, Tuesday, 24 May and Wednesday, 25 May, between 9am and 5pm
- Balmoral Healthy Living Centre on Monday, 9 May, Thursday, 12 May and Tuesday, 17 May between 9am and 5pm.