Raise money for Medway Hospital this May by signing up to our 10,000 steps Challenge.
Get active this spring and step up to the challenge…
Join us in walking 10,000 steps every day for a month to raise money to support your local NHS heroes.
Walking is simple, free and one of the easiest ways to get more active, lose weight and become healthier. Find out more via the NHS website
Take on the challenge alone or in a team. You don’t need to send us your step count but we do recommend posting about your progress on your fundraising page so your friends and family can follow your progress and know how you’re getting on with your challenge.
Everyone who raises money will get a certificate. If you raise more than £50 you will receive a certificate and a medal and if you raise more than £100 you will get a certificate, medal and Medway Hospital Charity t-shirt.
How to get started
- Commit to 10,000 steps a day in May
- Sign up for free and create your fundraising page – link to our campaigns page justgiving.com/campaign/10000stepsinMayforMedway
- Complete the challenge
- Raise sponsorship money and support your local NHS Hospital
You can complete the challenge however you like. Here are some helpful tips and advice:
- Organise walks with friends and family and discover new routes
- Leave the car at home and increase your steps by walking to work or to the shops
- Take your dog for an extra walk every day
- Get out and do some gardening
- Take the stairs
- Lunchtime walks
- Take part in dance and fitness videos at home.
How far is 10,000 steps?
Taking 10,000 steps is equal to walking approximately five miles.
Join our Facebook event and connect with other supporters.
All money raised from this event will be used to enhance staff rooms and clinical areas at Medway Maritime Hospital.
More details can be found on our website at https://www.medway.nhs.uk
For more information call Cheryl or Donna on 01634 825398 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org